February 3, 2009

The Victory Dance

Yaaaaaaaay!!
The announcement :)
I will be the happy and proud owner of a book with an autograph from THE MAN! And he called me "delightful". I mean, my totally favourite author, the one person who's proven that Eco's theory about the Model Author and Model Reader is not only theory, but fact, called me "delightful". Which I obviously am, but what were the odds to hear it from him? After translating The Book With No Name, I wouldn't even dare to dream that this moment would come.
And it only gets better - because I emailed him (took a long deep breath, came to my senses and wrote something coherent, not just "OMG, you're so cool and awesome!") and he emailed back and, well, the point is, there's probably nothing more rewarding than fiction coming to life.
In other Book With No Name related news, we have now the Polish version, published by Swiat Ksiazki, with a very cool video promoting it (see below) and I am planning my next move, which is still not to be discussed, but I will keep you updated, as I have this theory, that the curse of the book is somewhat different for its translators.


No comments: