February 6, 2009

Bartending, fashion and a new quest

Somebody paid me a visit after asking Mr. Google a question about "Grumpy's downtown bartenders".
I don't know if you found what you were looking for, but you gave me a wonderful idea for which I am very thankful.

Premise 1: I have a very long history with bartenders. I've been hopelessly in love with some of them, some others were a continuous source of entertainment, others have skills that border magic, one of them, although a fictional one, is the reason why I've become a bartender myself. (I know that if my Mom's reading this, she will sigh sadly, as she's been hoping for the past 10 years I'd be over my obsession for bartenders & bartending. My Dad, however, will be happy to know I'm not over the decision of starting my own business).
Premise 2: Add to this the inspiring above mentioned phrase, music to my ears, one of the best titles ever, (without actually being one), which makes me think of a dusky, hidden, damp and cold basement, nevertheless upbeat (and open 24 hours). The place where special bartenders congregate. Those bartenders with a true calling, the artists, those who believe in their mission, as they know that without them the world would be at loss, who passionately pour each glass of beer and uniquely mix every cocktail.
Conclusion: I will start by making a T-shirt for myself with this inscription. On the house, one goes to Sanchez and two others to my fellow workers. The rest of this limited edition will be distributed according to my evaluation & criteria, based on the bartending standards in the tent, over the next few months or so, to those bartenders in Poland or wherever I may be travelling in the near future. We'll have our own secret club (which is not that secret anymore as I've just announced it here).
Now all that's left for me to do is to reveal my inner designer skills, that I'm sure I have, I just don't know it yet.

No comments: