January 20, 2009

Weather report

Disney and Kato may not have many things in common. But this morning, when stepping out of the akademik, it felt exactly like a cartoon: spring was in the air, everything was defrosting, melting, the sun was shining and i swear I even heard the birds singing. If i had taken a few more steps in the forest, I would have probably met some rabbits and deers, got myself killed by some crazy hag, brought back to life by Prince-Charming and you all know the recipe for these Disney happy-endings, what a pitty I was just taking the trash out.
Anyway, this is only partly relevant. The thing is, whenever I smell spring, after a winter that's practically frozen all my senses, we're talking about that very first breath of fresh air, my mind goes blank, I can't focus on anything else, as one idea takes over: the open road to the seaside.
If everything goes according to plan, i.e. managing all the technical details related to my hundreds of tasks, I'm on my way :)

Later edit: the trip to Gdansk, by train, takes about 10 hours. By plane, it takes about 940 euros. As I've been rather lazy in the past few days, I need to catch up with work, so I don't have 10 hours. I don't have 940 euros, either, and if I did, my guess is I wouldn't spend it on a trip to Gdansk.

No comments: