January 20, 2009

So very problematic

For the past four days I've been having a sharp pain in my neck. To be more specific, on the outside, but sometimes it's so sharp that I can feel it on the inside as well. If I need to see what's behind me (be it the bookshelves in the classroom, the vampires or the wild boars in the forest, the fireplace in the tent or the customers on the other side of the bar) I have to practise my pirouettes, since I cannot turn my head like any normal person would do. I still claim it's broken, although the kids in the tent did explain me that it's basically not possible. Then again, I'm the one feeling those sharp pains, so this time I cannot fully trust what they say. Being the hypochondriac that I am, I've developed several scenarios, diagnosed myself with hundreds of diseases and yes, it's most likely that I have a broken neck.
In the meantime, took a test in Polish today (the last one in this semester), went on a bike trip in the woods, went to the cinema, cooked, cleaned the place up, slept a lot, basically I did everything I could think of except for studying but hey, I'm cool enough to pass some test, or at least I hope I am, went to work, decided to buy a bike which I will name El Santino (no need to wonder where I got the name from).
So I guess my Mom was right when she told me I completely lack equilibrium, since I'm either sitting in front of the computer, working more than necessary and not doing anything else, or doing everything but what I'm really supposed to be doing.
I'll be back to normal tomorrow, since over the years I did learn a valuable lesson: books don't translate themselves, and that goes double for the articles to be written. I still wonder how I manage to complicate things when they're so very simple in the beginning. Not to mention my broken neck which makes everything even more complicated.

No comments: