January 16, 2009

A Few Don'ts

This will not be about poetry, although I do have Ezra Pound to thank for this wonderful title. And actually it's not a few don'ts, but one: if you happen to be in Katowice at some point, no matter what happens, don't go to this place called Straszny Dwor. Even if it's the very last option. Straszny Dwor looks like a disco of the '90s, where girls wear heavy make up and light clothes and guys get easily drunk, and the rest of the story you can easily picture. After a busy night at work, Tomek and I went there for one drink, and although we knew this place was really crappy, we did have a lot of fun, it was like taking a trip to the zoo at 2 a.m. Seeing the horrors this place offers, we decided to go to the center for some party, and I can only hope this will happen as soon as possible, since I only went to one party since coming to Kato. A great party, but still, not enough.
Above all, I liked this girl wearing a very short silver skirt (might have been a belt, actually, I couldn't really tell) and I decided to get myself one of those, as it would definitley add some color to the tent. That would be the second step towards compromising myself. Took the first step today, when I was browsing through the French edition of Glamour (I just wanted to read something in French, and this was my only option, ok?!), which made Jacek smile in a "what the hell is wrong with you, dude?" way. As we work together, he's seen me reading Kerouac, Marx, Eco, my Polish textbook, various Romanian magazines, Llosa and a Theory of Literature reader, so I guess Glamour did not really fit in the picture. Once I get a silver skirt-belt, everything will suddenly make sense.

No comments: