May 21, 2009

Tribute to W.C. Williams

Last weekend, at about the same time with those Juwenalia things (which, by the way, continue this weekend), some of our regular customers had their own party.
I'm not even sure I should call it a party, because it was more of a parade - outdoor activity - playing silly - having loads of fun kind of activity, which of course ended in the tent.
Taczka Runners is exactly what the name claims it is :) Taczka means wheelbarrow, and once a year these people gather and run around with their wheelbarrows. Something like that.
So they met somewhere in Piotrowice, I guess, (at least I think that's Piotrowice in the pics) and pushed their wheelbarrows all the way to Ligota, towards the final destination, the tent, occasionally stopping for a beer or two and trying out unconvetional means of transportaion. As two of their favourite bartenders joined the fun & the parade (Magda and Jacek), their other two favourite bartenders (Titior and me) could barely keep pace behind the bar. One by one, we ran out of glasses, beer and energy, but I can't remember when I've had that much fun in the tent. Brilliant.
My mind's made up. Next year I'm joining them. They brought me a t-shirt with the logo of Taczka Runners, now all I need is a wheelbarrow. A red one :)

2 comments:

Losek said...

Serdecznie dziekuję w imieniu Taczka Runners za te sympatyczne i ciepłe słowa :]

pozdrawiam
Losek

Ruxandra said...

Juz nie moge sie doczekac, az w przyszlym roku wezme swoja czerwona taczke i ide z wami :)