April 1, 2010

Quit

For the first time in ten years, I've been thinking about giving up smoking. Not because I don't enjoy it as much as ever or because I've become smarter and finally understood it was bad for my health, but rather because I was curious how it feels to be a nonsmoker.
Yesterday a friend gave me a book that apparently works wonders and brainwashes you into not smoking.
Today I came home with a hundred duty free packs of Marlboro Lights.
They say that last cigarette is something to remember for the rest of your life and transform into a success story.
I'm still researching, but can't seem to find any information about the last two thousand cigarettes.

3 comments:

Biluś said...

Interesting!

I find that I'm slowly becoming a smoker again after quitting for about 10 years - perhaps I should quit again...

Let the world know when you're about to quit and I may just join you as a support group network...

Ruxandra said...

I can send you the book if you want. It's in Polish and kinda boring, not to mention you have to read it in one sitting. Apparently giving up smoking has a lot in common with Poe's Philosophy of Composition. And I can't quit now, I still have supplies to last for a few months at least. But thanks for the support and if I ever decide to do this, I'll let you know :)

Biluś said...

I'm actually very good at quitting smoking - I've done it lots of times...

And I'm not ready yet either - the moon and the stars have to be in the correct conjunction, the earth, air, fire and water elements should be in harmony and it should never - NEVER - be the 3rd, 8th, 17th or 25th of the month.

Hope it helps.