March 29, 2010

Confused

I'm supposed to be working on my article as I'm once again shamelessly late, but unfortunately in no mood to research expat literature. The nightmare of translating Monster Love is not over yet although I do see the light at the end of the tunnel and I have way too much homework for my Portuguese class. And there's another project which is spectacular in every way, although it might be too much of a challenge, but I'll make the announcement here soon, once I'm sure I can handle it. Then again, wasting my time especially when I have none to waste is an art that I need to bring to perfection.
So instead of doing what I should be doing, I'm busy planning my next vacation, looking for flights and putting together a list of concerts and festivals that can't be missed this summer. I also came across this: a shooting signed Karl Lagerfeld and art director Olivier Zahm, paying homage to photographer Helmut Newton, who is famous for his nude studies of women.


photos: trendhunter
I kept staring at the pics and in the end decided they were equally artistic and disturbing. Especially if connected with one particular Givenchy collection, can't remember which one, but I do remember very manly men wearing skirts and shiny leggins. Also, it is rumored that Bryan Boy will soon be collaborating with Vogue and H&M intend to sell skirts for men starting this spring. I'm not sure if this is a sign of freedom, experiment, an artistic statement, a revolution of trends or just a sample of plain stupidity. I wonder if normal men will become obsolete. Then again, we did claim our right to trousers more than one hundred years ago, so maybe there is no better time than the present for cross-dressing.

No comments: