March 1, 2010

One of those days

Today I successfully managed to block all my Polish cards. Numbers might not be my thing, but this is just too much. How hard can it be to remember a few digits in the right order, especially when it comes to the cards I use on a daily basis? I don't even want to try using the Romanian cards. Apparently, I'm dealing with a memory-loss situation that might turn out to be more serious than I thought.
The Portuguese course was supposed to start today but the teacher got lost on the way so after 20 very uncomfortable minutes of staring at the walls and at each other, my colleagues and I were told we'll start on Wednesday. Probably.
Came back home to find a poster downstairs informing that one of my neighbours died. I find it very disturbing and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do - if anything. And how do you ignore a poster that delivers such information?
Last but not least, I think I'm coming down with a cold, as Polish spring is never what it seems to be - if it's sunny and warm in the morning, that's hardly a reason to dress accordingly.
By the end of the day, I was frozen, soaked to the skin and grumpier than I've been in a very long time. I'd dye my hair but I'm afraid I'm not ready to deal with the consequences in case I make the tiniest mistake, so instead I'll just wait and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: