March 16, 2010

Back

Whenever things seem to go awfully wrong, there's something out there that puts them back in order without requiring any effort or, for that matter, any contribution from my side. True, I'm very lucky to have some of the best friends a girl could ever hope for so that makes everything a lot easier. After an extra-crappy Sunday evening with loads of snow, which alone could have been enough of a reason to make me feel down, the week started with some great news and with two early Christmas presents. I was expecting books, but was pleasantly surprised to discover they were delivered with chocolates & jewelry. A classical combination that works almost every time, except maybe on those days when I can't stomach any food and don't really feel like wearing anything else but a pair of worn-out jeans and a hoodie. But those days will soon be over. And although I felt like staying in and trying to focus on work as to avoid interacting with too many people, apparently it's not an option. With the release of (yet) another magazine and a fabulous party to celebrate it, the opening of an exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art and a concert organized by the people at my favorite art gallery, in a building that's soon to be demolished, things suddenly look a lot brighter than they did on Sunday. And the best part is that Big Brother is flying in from Paris next week, which requires very careful planning and a selection of the best cultural attractions Warsaw has to offer. Focused on out-of-Katowice events in the past few weeks, I almost didn't notice we were only two months away from this year's Taczka Runners and I still don't have a wheelbarrow. I think I'm running out of time.
Staying on the run. With the appropriate soundtrack (one of my most amazing friends reminded me of just how right these guys are when it comes to life issues)

No comments: