February 17, 2010

One day, I'll look for my head and it'll be gone

Big meeting tomorrow. I had all the materials neatly prepared and figured nothing could possibly go wrong. Now I know something might go wrong, because I left them at the store next to my house. The bright side is I have 2 packs of cigarettes to keep me company while I freak out about not finding them tomorrow morning. Oddly enough, it's the same store where a few days ago I left all the stuff I had just bought and only realized it the next day. This reminded me of my superb grumpy-but-gorgeous pajamas I lost some years ago in Spain and a few other pieces of clothing that have somehow vanished from my wardrobe or from my luggage or God knows what happened to them, the point is I can't seem to find them anymore and some of them were fabulous and I miss them, so if anyone knows anything about them, I'd appreciate the information. Once I lost my birth certificate, found it in one of my Literary Theory readers and then lost it again. Last week I also noticed my contract of employment was missing and I have no clue as to where it could be. Over the years, I've lost countless sets of keys (my own but also the keys of every apartment I've ever spent even a few hours in) and dozens of lip balms.
I really wish I could say I learnt something today, but I didn't, and perhaps I never will.
As for the big meeting, I can either go back to the office, drink hectoliters of coffee and prepare everything neatly once again or go to sleep and figure something out tomorrow morning. A decision that's obviously easy to make.

No comments: