May 19, 2010

The dream shoes

It's been a few years since I've given up the idea that a girl can find the perfect shoes, the perfect dress or the perfect man, and it's made my life a lot less complicated. But yesterday the impossible happened. I bought my first pair of dancing shoes and I think I'm in love. They're lighter than most normal shoes, they're very flexible and seem to form around the feet, they put no pressure and the split leather sole appears to be the secret that makes ballroom dancing fabulous. Tomorrow night we're out to our first tango lesson and something tells me it will be amazing.



Apparently, finding the ideal shoes is easier than finding... a wheelbarrow. Maybe they're not so popular anymore, or maybe I'm just being too picky, whatever it is, this Saturday we're meeting back in Kato for the 6th edition of Taczka Runners and I still don't have a wheelbarrow. It's not like I haven't been looking and asking around, yet somehow I can't picture myself pushing around a wheelbarrow that weighs 25 kilos, especially as I'd have to take it from Warsaw to Kato by train. My frantic last-minute search reminded me of my friend C. who once dumped a guy after a first date, just because at some point he received a phone call from someone asking him if he had a wheelbarrow. She could not get over this and so she stopped returning his calls. Back then, we all decided it was a bit odd and rather funny - wheelbarrows were not part of our everyday life.
And here I am now, in a desperate situation, looking not just for a wheelbarrow, but for the perfect one - girlie, light, pretty and colorful.
My dancing shoes made me believe, once again, that it is possible to find perfection, however I'm wondering if it wasn't just a very happy coincidence, and in all other situations I'll have to settle for less.