November 15, 2009

Let's get out and vote

Next week we're supposed to go vote the future president of Ro. Of course this is a very popular topic, I can't avoid talking about it, yet again I can't be serious about it either, as the one thing that comes to my mind is one of my favourite South Park episodes ever.
The kids have to choose a new school mascot, Stan refuses to vote because the options are a giant douche and a turd sandwich, so he is banished from the city and ends up living with some PETA members somewhere in the woods. And there he finds out that it's always between some douche and some turd, they're the only ones who will suck up to make it so far in politics.

Here's the soundtrack of this week:


And P.S. I'm not voting, so please stop nagging me.

3 comments:

Chuckie said...

Phew! You got me tricked for a second there, I thought you were going to tell us how important it is to go vote for someone. Better stay inside and watch... South Park :)

Ruxandra said...

I think voting is great :) but if I have to choose between a douche and a turd, much like Stan, I see no difference and no point in it.

Anonymous said...

The Germans use their own phrase: "Du hast die Wahl zwischen Pest und Cholera"- Uve got the choice between pestilence and cholera.
Someone politically well educated but cynically assessed might say that voting changes only the rider, while the horse will always remain the same...:-)