April 23, 2009

Ready, set, go!

Half an hour ago I arrived in Krakow, for the Festival. The fact that I'm already online is the best proof of my addiction. Then again, I'm working and my work here is mostly related to online stuff, so I have an excuse and my mind is at peace. Actually, I can't remember the last time I've been so zen. All other activities have been put on hold. Probably out of reflex I'll feel like taking a walk to the tent later on at night, but of course the tent will be just fine without me, as it's been for the past ten years. Stopped thinking about my paper and my writing, about the exams I have to take when I go back home, the tests awaiting for me in Kato, at the end of May.
So it's time for one last lazy coffee in a lovely little (Irish) pub in Stare Miasto - maybe this is my sixth sense, finding Irish pubs the very minute I set foot in a new town.
This Festival is more than an opportunity to get back to the kind of work that I like and that I'm quite good at. In a way, it's the calm before the storm. In a manner of speaking, because it won't be calm at all, and it will probably drain my energy, but it helps putting all other things in order. Because the best way of putting things in order is not thinking about them.

No comments: