March 23, 2009

Monday evening special

Today I felt older. Age is obviously relative, as we all know, and it doesn't matter that my ID says (almost) 25. Everything else indicates 16 one day, 27 the next day. So today I was old. And happy with it. Also, it was an inspirational day in terms of clothing. Traded the jeans, the hoodie and the sneakers for high heels, all-black outfit with a hint of orange (I feel an orange spring / summer in the air) and perfect make-up. I was pretty darn cool, actually cool is not the right word, pretty is. So I get out of the house, rain is pouring down, it's cold, the wind is howling, it's dark and there's almost no one in the streets. Except for the long rows of cars, like reddish-yellowish snakes crawling in the sinuous streets of Kato. And even though I could've taken a bus back home, I kept walking just for the sake of walking, of hearing my shoes clacking on the pavement, trying to enjoy my inner tranquility, and making mental notes to myself, hoping I'd be able to keep hold of this feeling for more than just a few hours.

No comments: