March 23, 2009

Better late than never

Last night we drove to Pszczyna, partly for the fun of getting out of Kato from time to time, partly because I was documenting one of my wonderfully useless projects. I'm planning to rank the cities in this region from ugly to ugliest, as a result of a trip I took to Zabrze a few weeks ago. But I'll be back with details about this once my research is complete and once I've figured out the theoretical framework. Hopefully, I'll finish this project much later and focus on writing my paper.
Anyway, we drove to Pszczyna. Ignoring the weather, which was absolutely disgusting, we took a walk in the deserted and spooky city center. It's actually not bad at all, and probably rain was the main reason why it was spooky and deserted. I'm still convinced that spring is here - even though it's all in my head - and I keep wearing my orange chucks whenever wherever, so after half an hour I really needed a warm place to prevent me from freezing to death, which would be a major inconvenient in my life at this very moment.
It so happened that we found some Irish Pub hidden in a basement, so I got all hysterical and excited about it. To say that Maciek is not a fan of these places would be an understatement. Then again, who could resist my pleads? The pub is very sweet and cozy, even though the decor is rather Scottish. I think I like it better than the Irish Pub in Kato (and at least these people in Pszczyna do sell Guinness). Which brings me to the point of this whole story: after the first two beers, I had to sacrifice myself and drink two more (Maciek was driving, but anyway it wasn't that much of a sacrifice, I could go on a Guinness diet tomorrow) and so I got a present to remind me forever and ever that I almost celebrated St. Patrick's Day in Poland.

p.s. Mom, I know you wanted a pic of the whole set (me + hat), but I'm having a bad hair day and no, the hat can't hide that.


No comments: