March 9, 2009

Call for applications

Background info: I've been around guys since I set foot in Kato. This is great, but it's not perfectly great. From mere acquaintances to closer & closest connections, I've mostly been hanging out with boys, with one notable exception and two or three not so notable. Of course, my boys are wonderful and I love them, and most of the times they're all I need. Most of the times. For the rest of it, I need a friend. A girl. And I don't mean a friend in the "let's-go-powder-our-noses-and talk-about-men-and-shopping" way.
So this is what this call for applications is all about.
Of course, you will have very large shoes to fill. And I'm not talking only about my girls back home (almost impossible to compete with), I'm also talking about Maxi, who has made the first semester here in Kato fun, creative, smart and entertaining.

Candidate profile:
  • girls
  • age 23 - 28 (I'm flexible about age, but if you're a confused teenager going through some crisis, looking for an older friend please don't bother to email me. Also, if you're reaching 30 and are depressed 'cause you got married too soon / didn't get married, have a boring job / don't have a secure job, are pregnant for the 3rd time / couldn't find someone who wants to have babies with you, it's best to seek friendship somewhere else)
  • fluency in English (unless of course you are fluent in Romanian)
  • listening skills (wonderful intuition is also a plus. I might say "I don't want to talk about it", but I'd appreciate it if you knew better than that)
  • initiative and creativity. Obviously, you'll go along with some of my plans (except for the very stupid ones, which you'll qualify as stupid from the very beginning), but you have to come up with your own ideas.
  • interests similar to mine, but I'm open to new stuff, and it would be best if you had some obsessions you could contaminate me with.
  • smoker (preferably. However, I will also consider non-smokers for this position, as long as they have no problem with hanging out in places where people smoke)
  • casual drinker. I can't stand the sight of drunk chicks, so if you have a problem with alcohol, go fix it somewhere else. I work in a bar and I can't have my friend hanging out fully wasted at my workplace, that's not cool. On the other hand, if you're only drinking in small amounts and only on family reunions, maybe you'll reconsider your decision of applying for this position.
  • Katowice based or willing to travel (frequently)

Selection process: all applications will be evaluated according to my criteria and the final decision will mostly be based on intuition.

Application Deadline: April 1st 2009. I am entitled to prolong the deadline, in case I'm not satisfied with the results. However, since my days here in Kato are numbered, I won't wait forever.

Please send your applications here: grumpy.shortlist@gmail.com. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

2 comments:

cheghe said...

off the record now, i don't remember you being so demanding with your original friends... i stand as living proof!! wanna start an exclusive academy or what?

Ruxandra said...

this profile is entirely based on my real friends, if i were to look for an imaginary friend, things would've been different. So you & the rest of the gang back home were the source of inspiration for that profile.
now speaking about that academy... it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Maybe we could meet for a late night coffee and write a project proposal, it's been a while since we last founded something :)