December 17, 2008

Krakow




After the trip to Gliwice, which as I previously mentioned has no Christmas fair and, as far as we could tell, no notable art galleries, today we went to Krakow. Which has a lot more to offer (obviously it does, although I still think it's overrated). For example, a dragon & his cave, a crypt under a church (that we could actually visit and I thought it was so cool because it reminded me of some crappy detective novel I translated once, in which some people were killing some other people six feet under the church, during Sunday mass), fabulous earrings, horses (the first time I was in Krakow I was on the phone with my Mom on the very moment that I entered the main square, and when she asked me how K. was, the first thing I said was "it has horses"), cozy coffee-shops and let's not forget Vistula river, which I kept staring at, with just one thing in mind: it's going to Warsaw.


So after we successfully managed to do absolutely nothing the entire day, walking aimlessly in the streets, chatting and laughing and stopping every time something seemed worth taking a closer look at, Maciek came up with a plan for our next trip to Krakow, which I totally agreed to. But given today's experience, I'd say failure is almost guaranteed (unless we'll be on speed or something) since next time we're supposed to be visiting Wawel Castle, Muzeum Czartoryski, the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec and make it back to the centre just in time for a performance at the Old Theatre.

Field trips rock!

No comments: