December 17, 2008

Back on track

The worst part is now over. The past few days (the past two weeks, actually) have been surprisingly pleasant, and if it's true what they say, that good things come to those who wait, well... it was about freakin' time, after that November I don't really want to think about.
One good reason may be that on Saturday I'm finally going home where I hope I'll no longer be dyslexic (after three months of mixing & matching languages, I do feel the need to take a break), I'll have lots and lots of books to read (without a dictionary), I'll enjoy the pampering I deserve and I'll catch up with all the stories.
But I refuse to think that I'm giving Kato a chance just because I'm leaving it, at least for a while, thus focusing on the bright side as to have some nice memories and stories to share once I get back home. I want to believe I'm giving it a chance because I'm beginning to get used to it, to be part of it. If Warsaw taught me a valuable lesson about falling in love with a city, Katowice is the place that taught me the real meaning of "being fond of". There is no better description for the relationship I've developed with this city. Or, for that matter, with the people here. I'll stop before this post gets really cheesy, and hope I'll soon regain control of my sentimental-melodramatic tendencies (how the hell did they show up in the first place?)

No comments: