July 4, 2011

Spring break vs. summer holiday

To be honest, I don't think I ever really liked summer holidays. I loved the excitement of the weeks before summer, all the planning, the expectations and the daydreaming but then, before I knew it, it was almost over, I was slightly bored and looking forward to my old routine (the horror! I always thought I did my best to avoid routine, turns out I respond well to limits, deadlines and countdowns and to an extent I need them in order to function properly).
I don't like it when the world stops for 2 or 3 months and everything from cocktails to festivals and is a constant reminder of the fact that it's that time of the year again, when we should take it slow, relax and enjoy whatever is there to be enjoyed. I dislike it even more when everybody else stops and I have to keep going.
Luckily, this year's belated summer holiday is enough of an adventure to keep my adrenaline levels really, really high. And lately I've been fantasizing about Lviv (can't possibly understand why but I won't go into details) so maybe despite the overwhelming amount of urgent tasks & stuff to do I should take a few days off and pack my bags. Very spring break like, right in the middle of summer.

No comments: