August 15, 2011

Slight alterations

Inspired by the recent tourist invasion I seem to have finally managed to lighten up. Might be the sun, too, or maybe the first effects of the smartest decision I took this summer. Don't really know and for the first time in ages don't really care because I'm currently taking a break from questioning my every move and my every mood. The world does not come to an end if once in a while I procrastinate, don't plan everything in the tiniest detail, leave the house without make up, let things happen instead of making them happen. There's nothing wrong with a little change of rhythm, at least for a while, and with taking a few deep breaths instead of running around as if training for a marathon. I'm pretty sure my old habits will be back in no time, but until then I don't mind putting a few things on hold and taking it easy.

2 comments:

Solo said...

Good for you, I leave my bed unmade on purpose. It was once a homework assignment and ten years later I still feel guilty pleasure when I do leave the house and come back to a rumpled, ready-to-crawl-into-nap-sack.

Ruxandra said...

That's one odd homework assignment :) But I guess anything goes as long as it makes you happy. And guilty pleasures work as mood boosters every single time.