May 22, 2011

A comparative note

Last night, Iva and I stopped for a beer in one of the unbelievably crowded pubs on Warsaw's Krakowskie Przedmiescie. It took us ages to get near the bar, gliding past a compact crowd of guys screaming and cheering in front of the TV and another good half an hour to catch the attention of the bartenders, because they were all very busy watching some fight.
Then I remembered that ever since I started dancing one of the things I kept hearing from most of my male friends was that ballroom dancing is really, really gay. I bet that the majority of the guys gathered in front of the TV yesterday was of the same opinion and yet they were the ones staring at two half-naked and sweaty men lying on top of each other. Frankly, I don't really care what these manly, rugged, two-fisted men have to say about dancing - guys who do dance know just how manly the rumba or the tango can be, but I still find it really funny.
Let's compare and contrast.
Supposedly, this is gay:

And this is manly:

Am I the only one who sees the incongruity?

4 comments:

Biluś said...

No u r not!

miss m. said...

Oh, how gorgeous - what a wonderful comparison ;-)

chuckie said...

sweetheart,la multi ani (cu intarziere :(! Sa ai un an bun, in pasi de dans si cu multe pagini.

miss you.

Ruxandra said...

Multumesc, Chuckie :) Hai ca mai e un pic (ok, un pic mai mult) si ne vedem sa bem in sfirsit cafeaua aia.