October 3, 2010

Beginnings and middles

One year ago, after a hardcore September which left me traumatized for many months, October seemed to open endless new possibilities, as all beginnings do. That was happening only a year after another radical change and I was starting to fear I was developing a pattern. All I wanted was for this October to find me in the middle of something - anything, as long as I was in the middle. And it did. It found me working on a translation I'm rather late with, but that's not unusual, putting together a work-related project I actually like, learning Portuguese and dancing the cha cha. Since moving to Warsaw, I don't think I've been more relaxed, more in control and more energized than I am now. That's the fun part about being in the middle of something and I'm planning to enjoy it as much as I can. I know myself too well and I can bet this will not last forever and there will come a time when everything will seem dull and predictable. Then I'll give everything up for a new beginning and a new city.
Last week, something wonderful happened: everybody seems to have started migrating to Warsaw. Some of my friends moved here (three in one week), some others stopped in for short visits while others are currently getting ready for their trips to Warsaw. This, of course, means very little sleep, a full house, phones ringing 24/7, running around from the airport to the train station and back but most of all a lot of fun. And that's probably the best compensation for last year's somewhat lonely and confusing October.

4 comments:

The Blackwood Cottage said...

Nice October in Warsaw. ;)
machelle

chuckie said...

whoaaaa. amazing. I am also learning the cha cha :)

PS
I listened to song from you previus post in the car this morning. pretty cool, actually :)

Ruxandra said...

Chuckie, you are? That's great. Where? Why? How long have you been learning it? And isn't it the cheekiest, funniest dance ever?

chuckie said...

since last March, because we thought it would be fun and it is :)