January 22, 2010

Goodbye, Woody! / Hello, World!

I'm finally done translating Woody Allen's Insanity Defense, which left me with a feeling of relief and a few questions about my own sanity. I'll keep ignoring them for the time being, hoping they'll go away. So here's the latest:
  • Warsaw was sunny for the first time in the past few months. It was pure bliss. Ever since, I refused to wear my winter clothes and kept having visions of the sea. I miss it so much it almost hurts.
  • I found the perfect outfit in my new top favorite magazine, Sleepzine: Looking more like a lantern or a pile of paper to hide you when you feel drowsy.

Sometimes I fantasize about sleeping for three days in a row. Some other times I fantasize about the sea. However, I am quite happy to be me these days - my biggest problems are connected with the almost unthinkable temperatures and the lack of natural light. I also seem to find the time to try to come up with solutions.
  • One of my friends moved to London. Warsaw won't be the same without him. I don't think I'm ready for radical changes, and this was very radical and unexpected.
  • My bartending course was postponed - not enough people interested. Since I'm fully booked until mid-March, I'll improve my awesome bartending skills in the tent. March will be interesting, as I'm also planning to take some extra Polish classes and a Portuguese course which comes with salsa lessons as a bonus.
  • I've been on a very healthy diet, consisting mostly of red gummy bears with a side dish of purple Skittles (I wish they sold them separately, I wasted a lot of time sorting them by color), Coke and coffee.
  • As I had very little time on my hands, I figured it was the perfect opportunity to waste it doing anything else but translating or editing. So I planned my trips for this year (and another one which I still owed myself since last summer). The summer of 2009 will be fabulous, I have a feeling it was worth waiting for it until 2010.

3 comments:

Veruletz said...

So, are we going to Berlin or are we going? :P

Ruxandra said...

Oh, we are so going! It was about time the three of us got back together. The timing couldn't have been better :)

Alexandra said...

berliiiiiiiiiin! prepare! :D