October 23, 2009

Army Day

Romania celebrates it today. Normally, I couldn't have cared less. But since lately nothing in my life falls under the category of "normal", I had to care. And not only to care, but to attend a formal party at the Embassy, where I drew several conclusions:
- men in uniforms look better in movies than in real life
- I don't feel comfortable wearing the kind of clothes you're supposed to wear at such events. So I don't really follow the rule. However, I had to wear something more elegant than I usually do and even so, I still did not fit in the picture (I don't go for the classic two piece suit). I was quite happy with my little black dress, but I fantasize about showing up at such a party wearing my little black (eco) leather pants matched with my favorite t-shirt with an adorable red devil playing guitar.
- it's tough being a vegetarian and being invited to celebrate the army. Or anything else, for that matter. You basically have three options. They'll all make you look life a freak: a) carefully study all the ingredients and decide what's right to eat and what's not, b) skip food and only eat cake and fruit or c) skip food.
- it's even tougher being a smoker.
- weather is the hottest conceivable topic. I don't know anything about weather and I can only state the obvious, so I'd better start learning this art fast. Speaking of the obvious, Warsaw was so foggy today, that it was impossible to see the Palace of Culture and Science. Anyone who's ever been in Warsaw, even for a minute, knows it's a sight hard to miss.
- 95% of the shoes were black. No word about my shoes :)
Overall, it was a lovely party and I'm already looking forward to Navy Day.


3 comments:

chuckie said...

were they red?

Ruxandra said...

orange. with ribbons :)

chuckie said...

typppppppical :)