October 22, 2009

I beat the system everywhere I goes


The initial plan, as suggested by Vero, was to meet her and Ceci in Warsaw on the 8th of December and celebrate our 10th anniversary (are we old or what? We've known each other since forever) here, as the immigrant punks that we are. The concert was a perfect pretext, although we don't really need pretexts. In the meantime, plans have changed, and we're most likely celebrating our lifelong friendship back home, at a date that's still to be decided. However, the concert is still on, so I just couldn't resist the temptation.
Two years ago, back in Bucharest, it was hysterical. Of course, we were all there, in the front row, having almost as much fun as they seemed to be having on stage. I was so excited about the concert, that I actually managed to convince the editor-in-chief of a very serious and high-class cultural magazine, where I happened to be working at that time, to save a page for this story. It was one of my best texts ever.
If I weren't so mad about them and so happy to see them again, I'd take some time to be depressed for going to the concert alone.
And even though my employers are not reading my blog, I would like to informally announce them that I won't make it to the office on the 9th of December. Nor on the 10th. In fact, as the concert will be on Tuesday, I'm planning to take the whole week off, to wear purple, lose my sanity and wits, to read Jonathan Safran Foer and be illuminated, and I'll dedicate all my energy to saving my generation from the east infection. Totally hardcore and made with love.


1 comment:

Biluś said...

All power to the great Ruxandra - share the bliss, gurrl! :-)