June 18, 2009

Back in Bucharest

Updates: the car was miraculously fixed, my Dad met Ligota, the tent and the wild boars, I managed to get some sleep  on the way back home, and it was quite refreshing (then again, I could've slept in the closet, on a hanger, I still would've felt refreshed, that's how exhausted I was) and we got home safe. Met Mom, had a good laugh and a long talk, and yesterday I was already on my way to Bucharest. What a wonderful feeling, when you can't hear yourself think because of all the cars & honks, when you can't cross the street without almost being run over by a bus, when it's so warm that you practically melt, when everything comes back to you in the most natural way possible. And even though there's things that still annoy me, I'm so, so happy to be back, and nothing can change my mood.

Not even an exam. I wrote it this morning and passed it with 9 points out of 10 *bragtime*. One step closer to my BA in Polish Philology.

I spent most of yesterday's evening with Asia, my Polish teacher (well, she was teaching in Bucharest, now she's going back home - to Kato / Ligota -  so whoopee! we'll finally meet in Poland, and have time for all the things we've been planning, like writing projects, organizing concerts and exhibitions and artsy-stuff) . I got back to Pupi's place way too late to revise anything for the exam. But now it doesn't really matter, turns out the year spent in Kato was enough of a revision.

Today I was supposed to do some writing, because my paper is still far from having a finite form. Instead, I met Pupi and we took a long walk in the center - there's way too many stories to be shared when you haven't seen your best friend for almost a year now - and on the way home she decided to impress me with her cooking skills (as if I still needed to be impressed. as if cooking could impress me. but we gave it a shot - actually she did, while I was drinking coffee and smoking. and of course in the meantime we were talking about the tent, art galleries, boys, learning Polish and tomatoes).

Artist at work:


Pupi's world famous pasta:

*note: they are world famous because her significant other also enjoyed them, and he's French. Since I'm 10% Polish and an elf, Pupi's pasta gained world recognition. 



The sunset, out on the balcony. Charging my batteries. There's no words to describe how much I missed this city. And how happy I am with our long distance relationship.It's best if our love keeps us apart, at least for the time being. 


2 comments:

Biluś said...

A very calm blog post - lovely!

Ruxandra said...

It was either this or a nervous breakdown :) Beware, who knows what tomorrow brings?!