October 31, 2008

How it was not meant to be

I think it was about three weeks ago that an add, printed in black&white, caught my eye somewhere in the streets of Katowice. I tend to be even nerdier when in a strange environment (and Katowice three weeks ago was still pretty strange), so I write everything down. I'd even write my own name, just to be on the safe side.
So i wrote this in my little red notebook: "Koncert / punk / Bielsko-Biala, 31-10-2008 / 18:00".
Now Bielsko-Biala is not New York, so how tough can it be to find some punk concert, in the evening, without having the slightest clue where it is? That was the only detail missing from my notebook, and I still can't figure out why I didn't consider that to be important when I took notes in the first place.
Yesterday, I finally decided I should at least know if the concert is in some pub, out in the open air, just to have an idea. It was nowhere to be found, after two hours I gave up and turned to Maxi, if she couldn't find it, then it's probably not real.
But she did. When I came home from the office, the link was waiting. So this is the concert:

Yesterday, after work, before we said goodnite, Pan Janek told me I start work today at 8 (p.m.). I'm sure this should teach me a lesson. At least in terms of taking notes.

No comments: