October 24, 2008

Homesick. Sort of :)

I never thought I'd say that, but I do miss Bucharest. I miss B52 - the music, the people, Ceci's car and out late night drives ("are you not drinking tonight?" / "of course I am, we'll pick the car up tomorrow morning, when we wake up"), our late night talks about well, what else, boys... No need to mention Expirat, with the strangest happenings in the world :) I miss going out to lunch with Vero, who happens to be in Bucharest, so why not have another Cuba Libre and try to make some sense of our hectic lives, I miss Pupi coming home and telling me there's some exhibition opening and we just have to be there. I miss Ana & Gruia, who always know what's cool & hip & worth seeing / doing in the city, our talks about the things we write and the things we are planning to write. I miss going on tour with the boys (it's been a while since I last did that, but nevertheless), I miss the concerts, the parties, Beck's beer, the seaside, to some extent I miss the University and to a bigger extent I miss my classmates and our after-classes beers. I miss Jela and her mysterious ways of understanding how my life goes, her priceless pieces of advice. I miss Mom & Dad, the shopping sprees back in Brasov, Saturday afternoons, family friends, I miss the little ones who will not be that little anymore by the time I go back home, my Granny and her calm voice asking me the same questions over and over again, the two pubs in Brasov with the best bartenders in the world (except for us of course, that is the team in the tent, WE are the best bartenders in the world, there should be a prize for us).
So this is what I don't have anymore, at least not in the way I used to. But I'll be back, sharing the cool things that I do have here, and that I already know I'll miss when this year is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too Gargarisa!

Ruxandra said...

Dar te muti peste strada, draga mea. Deci din noiembrie Wizz Air va trebui sa ne faca pista speciala, si zborurile Katowice-Paris vor fi, daca nu la ordinea zilei/saptaminii, macar la ordinea lunii :*