August 11, 2008

Yay! Planning :)

With the parents away on vacation, a household to take care of, a Granny to look after from time to time, tons of paperwork to manage until I leave to Poland, a novel that's not going to translate itself while laying on my desk, an inbox full of unread messages (most of them requiring not only reading, but also a reply of some sort) and at least two trips to plan, things are beginning to look busy. In other words, better. The time has come to make lists, to prioritize, to freak out, for the time being in the nice, productive, not harmful way.
It's reconfirmed. I work better under pressure. Typical. Pushing myself towards the edge of the cliff, waiting (and sometimes whining) until I run out of time, until all deadlines are so close that I feel I won't make it. And then pulling myself together, speeding up and checking all items on the list(s).
I'll soon be in a desperate need for a holiday, which I'll have to carefully plan, since the best case scenario only allows about two days off :)
Note to self (1): paperwork, especially when it involves the university, the dean and the secretaries, takes time. If it's August and everybody's away, it takes even longer.
Note to self (2): deadlines were invented for a reason - meeting them.

2 comments:

Biluś said...

I have it on good authority that, in a very posh English school, the Mistress liked to drill 'busy girls are happy girls'. Hope so! :-)

Ruxandra said...

The Mistress did have a point. I'm happier than last week, that's for sure, and growing happier every day. It's play time :)