September 15, 2010

Dilemmas: autumn/winter collection

I'm just dying to know when did children become accepted in hair salons for normal people?
Hair dying is a complex ritual which requires an appropriate setting, good music, coffee, books and light hearted conversations with other women who understand and appreciate the magic that happens behind closed doors in beauty salons. Yesterday, a screaming three year old with bladder control issues almost ruined my perfect evening. Apparently, children are not big fans of having their hair cut and when their mothers insists on doing so all hell breaks loose. The one thing I will never understand is why parents think that hysterical children who piss themselves and become purple from all the screaming are cute. Luckily, my color turned out great although for a minute I was afraid it might be affected by all the drama.
But this is nothing compared to what I'm about to go through if Polish experts are right. Not children related, still equally annoying. It seems like this year we will be faced with the most severe winter in the last millennium. Winter in Poland is a dreadful experience and I'd be happy to find a way to avoid it even under normal circumstances. Now, with a new ice age lurking on the horizon, the only thing I can think of is a long and well deserved holiday in the sun and the sooner the better. This of course will generate a new time management crisis in the first months of 2011 and I'm already looking forward to it.
I'd be really grateful if, for a long time from now on, winter and children were the only things to complain about.

1 comment:

Cheri-Kiki said...

Hi, Very nice blog!:)
View my page www.cheri-kiki.blogspot.com
You'll find a lot of fashion trends from POLAND!:)
You must see this!:)

In comments on my blog, write what you think;)

Kisses, ;*