September 22, 2009

Reality check

The bubble is about to pop. I'll finally be able to see Warsaw. I'll meet other bartenders, not just the staff at Coffee Heaven. I'll go dancing. I'll go back to the tent. I'll buy notebooks and post-its and go to school (yes, they accepted me. I'm doing an MA in translation studies at the University of Warsaw). I'll sleep.
As I was walking home, I passed a group of yuppies. Every now and then, perfect strangers do know exactly what to say and when to say it. Even if they have no idea you're walking by, thinking about the very same thin: the shit starts in two days.
This is one of those few times in life when I'm happy that every beginning has its end.
When I'm done, I'll tell you a story about the old ladies in Warsaw.

3 comments:

Biluś said...

Pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop pop - lovely! Well done, girl :-)

Biluś said...

Just got a notification that I posted the pop pop comment above - blogger? blogger? are you okay, blogger?

Ruxandra said...

yeah, blogger is ok. I wasn't. And didn't publish my comments. But now I'm ok. And back on track. Hopefully :)